 Off-Topic / Debate / 8248
Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:45:48 GMT

I haven't looked into the posting stats, but does .debate really command a
high proportion of overall posts?  In any case, .debate consists of a small
number of "usual suspects" who chime in on every debate, plus a few sideline
observers.  Can it be that the posting of a dozen or so individuals
unbalances the stats of all of LUGNET?  If so, is there a way to keep it
from registering in the stats so that a tainted posting summary isn't
generated?

(Observer here)
I'm not sure stats matter, why should they ?
I'd take it as a given that anyone who thinks LEGO-mindedly should also have a
sufficiently expansive intellect that debate would be an occasional part of
one's life - more or less.

So if debate's flourishing on LUGNET - fine.
If I note that debate gets a lot of posts - ok - then we're acting in a
'normal' manner - I'd actually be more concerned if it was languishing.

-Jon
(Lincoln Lincoln)