 Off-Topic / Debate / 7777
  Libertopia - unproven theory

You can debate the benefits and drawbacks of Libertopia all you want. The fact is that it is still only a pipedream. The majority of Americans would never elect a party that would base governmental, social service or public education funding on the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

(...) Yeah, what we have now, with bought and paid for politicians delivering the goods to the various special interest groups that own them is much better, isn't it? (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

Welcome back Ed! (...) True enough. In fact, they won't even elect *the LP's* characterization of the LP, which is far more accurate and far more flattering. Libertopia is still only a pipedream, an ideal society. Two points though. Does (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

(...) Thanks! (...) [snip] (...) Not in my dictionary. Still == remains to be. [snip] (...) I agree, but this debate, along with abortion and Lego vs. Legos, have been beat to death. I haven't seen any coverts on either side of any of those (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

(...) Ya, there's not a lot of unplowed ground 'round these parts to be seen of late, is there? (1) And with debate hijacking going on all over the place, when we find some new nuance, it doesn't take long before it gets turned into some sort of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

Missed a point... (...) Frank Filz. But that was a while back. (assuming you meant "converts"... you're not *supposed* to see "coverts", that's why they're covert. Me, I think Scott Arthur is secretly a LP member and doesn't want to admit it. :-) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

(...) I was listening to your countryman, Nader, make just the same point on Friday evening. He made a credible argument for idea of change - what is yours? The LP would have government run by them and private enterprise (cutting out the middle man (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)