 Off-Topic / Debate / 7769
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:51:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

But there's the rub. No one goes to hell for their sins! How could they if
Christ paid for them? The answer follows the famous John 3:16, thru the end
of the chapter. Read it for yourself.

Right you are, Bill.

They go to Hell for not rubbing blue mud in their bellybuttons (1).

I remember this from the first time it was brought up :)  Talk about mental
images!?

Er, that is, for not accepting Christ's love, putting aside whatever logical
qualms about the contradictoriness, unprovability, or non-necessity of God's
existence, turning their backs on what makes them human, and trusting in a
deep abiding faith rather than the evidence of their senses and faculties.
*All* they have to do is that and they're all set.

<Typical ++Blather>
Many of your "qualms" are based on your own misconceptions.

Oh, and pick the RIGHT
christian sect, who knows, those baptists might all be going to catholic hell.

I like this. Again, I'm with ya on that one.

God's not mean enough to punish men for what they actually did wrong in
life, he punishes them for not groveling properly, because he loves us.

You betray yourself here again. Groveling has nothing to do with it.

Get off the "mean" kick too, it's really whiney. Wah, wah, wah! "It's not
fair, wah, because I don't think it is, wah. He's mean, wah. I don't like
it, wah!" Get over it.

Bill