 Off-Topic / Debate / 7287
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:02:49 GMT

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message

OTOH, how can one be morally opposed to anal sex?  I mean your religion • might
dictate against homosexuality, and I don't buy that that's moral, but • instead
religious.  But what about heterosexual anal sex?  I mean between two
consenting adults.  Is that immoral?  What if the instrument of intrusion • is a
finger instead of a penis?  Does the moral balance change?

Chris (genuinely curious)

IMO, an explicit discussion of sexual practices, be they hetero or • homosexual
might not be in order, considering that Lugnet is a "family forum" and • kids
might stumble in here.  Granted, we might not want young minds to have to • tackle
the abortion debate, but it does seem that a little bit of tact might be
appropriate here.  Why not take your questions off-line?

james

Agreed.  I don't particularly want to engage in that discussion, hence I
summarized my views in my previous post in a non-graphic manner.

While I think there is some more room for leeway in the debate group, it is
very possible for kids to stumble across this and it may not be appropriate
for LUGNET.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne