 Off-Topic / Debate / 7286
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:56:21 GMT

I am circumcised,

Me too.  And actually, so is my son.  It was a bad call, that his mother and • I
made in ignorance.  It won't happen again.

Well, I'd hate to think that you'd circumcise the poor guy again!

Well, you know, only as punishment.  ;-)

I'm not sure where I come down on the whole snippage issue;

It sounds below like you have no reason to be unsure.  Why would you do it?

the arguments
about hygiene and "healthier in the long run" just don't seem that solid. I
suppose it *is* mutilation, after all, but even as a victim of that crime I
don't feel too victimized (though how would I know...?)

Me too.  I think that's why it's so hard for people to abandon the practice.
And honestly, an unmutilated penis looks kind of gross to me.  That is simply
crazy and I won't allow it a part in my decision making, but I admit that it is
there.

There is a _very_ strong case to be made that [the male's] sexuality [will • be]>impaired. Read up, if you're interested.

Most of what I've read involved the aforementioned alleged hygiene issue
as well as impaired/altered sensitivity of the organ.

That's what I meant.  I mean, that's all I meant.  Our capacity to produce
pleasurable penile sensation is decreased.  I don't seem to miss it, but what
would it be like with it?  I would personally rather have the option to decide
for myself.

I've heard nothing
conclusive regarding the actual functionality of the organ beyond that.  Do
you have a link?

I believe that some of the strongest assertions include the suggestion of
increased propensity for impotence, but I'm not sure how well that's supported.
I don't have links ready at hand.  I did the web searches and reading, and
spoke to physicians about three years ago.  But they're out there if you look.

Chris