 Off-Topic / Debate / 6622
Re: This sums it up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:11:18 GMT

Just my two bits .....
A while back, I taught metaphysics class on AOL( yea yea lame but I had to
start somewhere <G>) anyway, these chat rooms are open to the  aol public and
folks would take it upon themselves to stop in and disrupt the class to tell us
how insane we all were. I am not disputing the insanity plea<G> but they were
very clearly pushing energy out to get energy back in some form. As I watched
this occur time and time again, they would always continue if folks responded to
them but if we didnt respond , didn't feed them energy, they would soon tire of
that game and leave us alone.
The leason I learned is to not respond to those folks pushing that type of
energy. At first its very tuff to not try to defend your space but if you dont
react by pushing back, the other person gets no payoff energy for what they
expended. In such a large group as this, we probably wont be able to educate
everyone about this and at times there will always be someone who doesnt like
something, be it really an issue with LUGNET or something else in thier lives
and LUGNET just happens to be an easy target and they choose to vent here.
  All I can say is this( said in kindness and hopefully will grant some insight)
       Please dont feed the snerts <G>