 Off-Topic / Debate / 6607
6606  |  6608
Subject:
Sad state of affairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:44:33 GMT

It's a sad day when a person posts a teaser about his site and is immediately
trashed for it. It's even sadder when the trasher is trashed by the community in
return. I've refrained from adding to the flame war, but it is apparent that
everyone needs to let their voice be heard today, so I'll do the same.

As we all know, emotions don't come across well in the cyber-world. It's
difficult to read happiness, sarcasm, or pain from many posts. One emotion comes
across far too strongly-anger. There's been too much anger on Lugnet today, and
most of it has been at Matthew. Many thoughts were expressed on all sides that
shouldn't have been, and quite a bit of respect was lost for quite a few people.

I understand the anger, the frustration, the need to let it out. THIS IS NOT THE
PLACE TO DO IT.

Jude-I appreciated the teaser. I look forward to seeing the completed site.

Matthew-I'm sorry you are so angry inside that you feel the need to respond to
every post with a forked tongue. I understand (though don't agree with) your
views on James Jessiman. Different people deal with loss in different ways.
Cyber-memorials are one such way. Let it rest with that point.

Everyone else-calm down. Matthew is stirring up emotions that don't need to
surface. Why is he doing this? Who knows? I can't read his mind any more than
you can. Personally, I don't care what his motivations are. I'm just here to
read some interesting posts. As Larry P. said-ignore him. This community will be
better for it.

I won't be responding to this post or any thread that may arise from it. I've
said my peace. For me, that is enough.

-Dave