 Off-Topic / Debate / 623
Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:26:17 GMT

This thread has come halfway through my semester course on the history
of business and money in the US, so I'm just brimming with opinion on
this stuff.  (I finished reading _The Jungle_ just a few days ago.)
Business and commerce are certainly important, but friendship and a
sense of community are crucial.  Lugnet can be a cold and unfriendly
environment.  It might let people fight to save $50 a year on their Lego
purchases.  But no one can say that the fact (I assume) that Steve Scott
and Eric McCarthy now hate each other has made Lugnet a better place.

Naji
n (dot) norder (at) computer (dot) org