 Off-Topic / Debate / 610
Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 03:44:12 GMT

Naji Norder <n.norderSPAMBLOCK@computer.org> wrote:
Returning to the social context, web etiquette is still up to debate in
many forums.  Perhaps the users of Lugnet (the social majority) could be
asked to vote if people should be able to "infringe" on another's
auction/sale thread.  I consider the lack of this in Lugnet's rules to
be an oversite, but if the majority feels differently, then a vote
should easily determine this.

Not to pick nits, but as much as Todd has shown himself willing to
adapt things to fit the needs and wants of his users, any kind of
"vote" held by the people who use Lugnet won't necessarily have any
effect on how things are done here.  This is Todd & Suz's show, and it
ain't necessarily a democracy.

I think Todd's silence on this issue speaks for itself, but that's my
opinion.

I don't agree with much you've said here, but I don't need to argue
about it because unlike someone else who probably agrees with you, you
weren't an ass when you presented your opinion.  Besides, I like you
too much to argue with you when I'm this tired and likely to get
sloppy.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide