 Off-Topic / Debate / 6075
  Re: Hello

Well, that's an interesting standpoint. I don't think peer pressure is *only* what causes people to smoke, drink, etc, hell no. I don't think you can deny that when a class full of students snickers at someone's looks, behavior or something else, it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hello

(...) whutza subconscious? i can't seem to find mine anywhere .. :) and if it co-ordinates everything, why do i have a conscious? doesn't it defeat the purpose if you keep in mind that your subconscious is in control? if you keep it in mind, it'd (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hello

(...) True, true, that is true, but though this and the supposed peer pressure are very similar, I would not quite call this peer pressure. This is just people being mean and someone adapting so they don't have to put up with it. (...) See above. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hello

(...) Yes, well, if someone's snickering about your lego collection in class, and everyone joins in, and you shut up and never mention that again - isn't that what I was talking about originally?... Leaving lego, or at least having "dim ages", (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hello

<snip> (...) <snip> I know a guy at work named Norm. ~Mark (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hello

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Greg and Shiri write: (...) But predicting how it affects them is tough. I rebelled against it and basically went out of my way to do whatever peerpressure told me not to do. It was kind of a viscious circle and caused an (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)