 Off-Topic / Debate / 6071
  Re: SUVs (was Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?)

(...) I don't have any fatality rates, but I do know that if a small child is hit by a truck, his chances of survival versus being hit by a car are almost three times greater. I completely forgot the reason, it has to be with the truck taking the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SUVs (was Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?)

(...) in (...) Something sounds odd here, unless the situation is actually that the small child may just be grazed by the truck since it is higher off the ground. (...) <snip> (...) Is that system in any of the SUVs owned by the average person? I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SUVs (was Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?)

(...) X- (...) Not at current. The system is only on the Land Rover Discovery II. It will soon be offered on the X-Series and Land Rover Range Rover and Land Rover Freelander V6. DaimlerChrysler uses a system called ESP, which helps keep the M-Class (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SUVs (was Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?)

(...) Mark, will you STOP with these unattributed rumors/hearsay? While there is talk of bringing the Sprinter to the US according to the trade rags, it's for an entirely different market than the Caravan/Town and Country. The Sprinter is a panel (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SUVs (was Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?)

(...) The (...) Canadian (...) is (...) in (...) Mercedes- (...) I am sorry I didn't make it clear. I meant full-size van market, not mini-van market. The Ram Van and Ram Wagon are ending production, and it is no hearsay. It's official. I very well (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: SUVs (was Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?)

(...) Actually, I should add that Mercedes-Benz does sell a mini-van in Europe, the V-Class. It has not been a big hit. It uses some Sprinter and Volkswagen EuroVan/Caravelle mechanicals. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)