 Off-Topic / Debate / 5889
Re: Evrey time England plays abroad...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:10:37 GMT

Jamie Obrien wrote:

Rioting-Football, not the best of combos! You can't blame the English
entirely. There's still alot of hostilty between the English-German
supporters, and god know how far back in history that goes. Then
theres still the issues between England and Turkey. Highly focused
individuals on both sides with only one thing on their minds.

How well you explained. In our country (Turkey) it is even worse, as
most of the things in a 3rd world country. Can you believe that, almost
after all national league matches and the matches played with teams from
abroad, around ten people are dying or being injured, not just because
of the fights, but also by bullets from weapons fired up to air to
"celebrate"... After the final match of the European Cup thing that won
by Galatasaray, me and my wife lie down to the carpet at our home, since
the sounds of weapon fire like a thunder as combined. Pistols, shotguns,
sports guns, all together.

I hate all the things related to fanatism, and sorry but, I can't feel
anything sad about the ones injured or died while fighting with opposite
side fanatics (innocent bystanders are of course excepted). I hope they
will kill each other someday till no one remains alive. This sounds like
quite harsh, but they are so unaware about any limits that they assume
anyone's life is as worthless as theirs (yes, Turkish fanatics generally
has nothing to lose, and fight to kill, with no fear about to be
killed).

Selçuk

The Barst^^&^*^* should not have been even let into Belgium/Holland.
That's where the british should have done so much better. The Tunnel,
ferrys and airports come on coppers what are you doing. The others
would have been harder to keep out. And if you really wanted to have
been there, they would have gotten there.

The future of football is at stake here. It's not just one countries
fault, but everybody needs to take some responsibility for themselves
and their neighbours.
Can't we all live in peace!
(we'll still kick english butt at the cricket this summer, hahahaha!!)

Jamie