 Off-Topic / Debate / 5866
5865  |  5867
Subject:
Evrey time England plays abroad...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:05:44 GMT

.. the fans get rowdy and cause a riot.

I am REALLY annoyed with the indviduals who decided to wreck Euro 2000 by
behaving in a manner that I can only describe as stupid, insenstive and
disgusting.

I am not somone who normally follows the footy, but I do feel that holding a
riot in someone else country  is not something to do. (I woudn't suppourt
them if they held one here ethier.)

The rioters critcised the Belgian police for being heavy handed! They also
had he nerve to blame rival nations suppourters as well!

I can only hope that when the Lego(R) Football fans start to play
internationals that we can have a 'friendy' competitive atmosphere, rather
than a riot(and the petty childish behaviour) which benfits no-one.

This is an open posting. Your views welcomed.

Alex