 Off-Topic / Debate / 5508
Re: Murderer Reno's real crime...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 02:57:40 GMT

Larry P wrote:

"When the Justice
Department destroys $200 billion in wealth,

An increase in a share price is not "real wealth". Nor is a decrease.
Neither is "real" until you sell the shares.

"With its Microsoft decision, the Justice Department looted the
savings and retirement funds of 80 million Americans who directly own
Microsoft stock or invest in one of the 2,000 mutual funds that include
Microsoft stock

Emotional button-push alert!

Who knows where Microsoft stock - and its competitors stock - will go in
the future. In the long term, they may go up, not down as a result of
the judgement.

Anyone really worried about the stock price going down as a result of
the judgement, should have sold their Microsoft stock before it came
out. After all, we've had enough advance notice!

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page:
eBay auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/