 Off-Topic / Debate / 5502
5501  |  5503
Subject:
Murderer Reno's real crime...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 23:55:08 GMT

may be killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

        "When bank robbers steal your money, at least they have the
honesty to admit they're just thieves,"

"When the Justice
Department destroys $200 billion in wealth, it has the gall to claim
that it is acting for our own good. That's the real crime -- and the
reason why the tax-funded political power of the Justice Department is
far more dangerous than Microsoft will ever be."

"With its Microsoft decision, the Justice Department looted the
savings and retirement funds of 80 million Americans who directly own
Microsoft stock or invest in one of the 2,000 mutual funds that include
Microsoft stock -- proving that the Justice Department is more costly
than any criminal gang," said Dasbach. "After all, it takes crooks a
whole year to steal $28 million from banks, but it took the government
only one lawsuit to steal $200 billion from Americans."

-- Steve Dasbach, LP national director

A few other tidbits. If this was a good decision for competition, why did all
the competitors stocks go down, you'd think they would have soared! If this was
a good decision for Microsoft holders where's my 40 bucks a share in lost value
over the last few months supposed to be made up from? Breakup value of the two
companies JD is proposing is 20, and 25 a share. If this was a good decision
for consumers, why do 59% favor MS and only 29% favor a breakup?

Note: Pejorative label used on Reno for dramatic effect, but if the shoe
fits....

++Lar