 Off-Topic / Debate / 5022
  (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

Folks, I know this is downgrading to another debate, so I renamed it, and see if we can clear this up. Anyway, if I remember my own school days, my world history class was my first real experiences with this stuff. I know I had some more earlier, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) My belief is that religion should not be emphasized in public schools, but nor should it be rooted out; it should be recognized as a profound emphasis in human cultures, and, as such, it should be discussed, but moderately, since parents have (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Schools (Was: Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) I can't speak towards the schools themselves, but I know that for the last 10 years or so, we've had groups like the Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, etc. sponsoring not-so-stealthy "stealth" school board candidates with, shall we (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Thank you! Too many parents are abdicating their responsibility in this respect, and then complaining when the instrument of government doesn't raise their children as they want them raised. (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: (Ten Commmandment discussion with School, etc.) Was: Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Agreed. When people refuse or fail to be self-governed, then the government will take over that office. The U.S. government has over-legislated because a great many people have abdicated personal responsibility and duty. People fail to give (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)