 Off-Topic / Debate / 4860
4859  |  4861
Subject:
Can you say *** on Lugnet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.build, John J. Ladasky, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.build, Kela Akira Kitkowski writes:
Don't feel too bad; my Father once built outta my legos (as a kid) a big-ass
(can I say ass on here?)

Once.  The second time, you'll probably get booted off of Lugnet, per the
posting agreement that you signed.

I doubt that -- not unless zillions of people are offended and he makes a
major repeat problem of it.

Hey, Todd, it's your web site, so it's your call.

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/?p=agreement

Remember, folks, most of us fell in love with Lego as kids.  Therefore, kids
visit Lugnet.  Let's keep Lugnet a kid-friendly site.

Kids don't say "ass"?  They can say "ass" on television.  I think they can
even say worse things now, but anyway...  Best to let things drop, IMHO, unless
someone is actually offended, or unless someone really really says something
that's clearly bad.  If you personally are offended by "ass," then that's a
different story.

Personally?  I'm not offended.  Most likely, the kids won't be offended, either.
However, somewhere out there there's a stick-in-the-mud parent who would be
offended, and who would deprive a worthy kid of Lugnet over this.  (As a parent
myself, I'm not totally insensitive to this issue.  My four year-old has added
some interesting words to his vocabulary at preschool this year!  And I don't
think that they're words he heard on television...)

But I don't think it's worth dragging out the T&C for
something like that otherwise.  (I'm tired -- I hope I'm making sense at this
late hour.)

Followups set to lugnet.off-topic.debate.

How about lugnet.admin.terms -- a new group specifically for addressing issues
like this.

Wasn't aware of it.  O.K., followups are set there now.

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology