 Off-Topic / Debate / 4325
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:47:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ian Wilkinson writes:
Good call on the keeping of chuch and state seperate. I wish more Americans
felt the way that you do. I am from another conservative denomination, the SDA
church yet I am still compleatly for individual liberties. Oh well good call.
Ian

Oh...don't get me started on separation of church and state.  Some recent steps
in this country like posting the ten commandments in schools and teaching
creationism are complete violations of this in my opinion.  Of course my family
has a long history with this issue as my great uncle Ed Schempp was the one who
went to the supreme court to get bible reading out of schools.  He's a
character.  He also just had his 23rd birthday yesterday, making him 92. I
don't care what people believe, but I really don't think public schools are the
place for religion.

Patricia Schempp