 Off-Topic / Debate / 3959
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:56:11 GMT

<3885F82B.31DF@mindspring.com> <FoLIpw.MEu@lugnet.com>

I wasn't a 100% fan of Truman but he did have one thing on his desk that
pretty much summed it up for me...

A sign that said "the buck stops here"

James Brown wrote:

What puzzles me about this whole argument is how you(in the general sense) can
be advocating person x being responsible for person y's actions?  If someone
else causes a violation of rights, how can I being punished for that if I'm
not directly linked to their actions?  That seems contradictory to the
underpinnings of libertarian thought.

Now, if said company officers can be shown beyond reasonable doubt to be
responsible, then heck yeah, throw the book at them!  But if they're not
involved, why are they at fault?

They're the CEO. By definition, they're involved. Start enforcing that
thinking and you are going to see big corporations being a lot more
careful.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!