 Off-Topic / Debate / 3958
Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:03:20 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:55:15 GMT, Christopher Weeks
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

5) Let peaceful people cross borders freely.
    OK, I can see otherwise reasonable people disagreeing with this
    due to outmoded notions of fealty and sovereignty.  I agree with
    the LP stance on this issue and am more extreme than this, but
    this is the only one of the personal issues that I bet many
    folks would disagree with.

Yup. There are very good reasons not to let economic refugees cross
into your country freely. Most especially if you are richer than your
neighbours.

And if you give government assistance to those who are in need. Absent
that, there is no good reason.

--

Yeah, they can starve here just as well as anywhere else.  But who buries them?
That costs money and presents health problems if not done.

Bruce
(This wasn't meant seriously, but I suppose it does apply)