 Off-Topic / Debate / 3936
Re: Spoiler... (was Re: Blair Witch Project - Thoughts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:25:00 GMT

The thing that blew it for me was the interview with the two fishermen.

The official web site had the interviews as they were filmed (not edited like
in the movie), so if anyone needs a refresher, I'd go there.  I'd have to agree
that the fishermen were the worst actors in the movie.  They weren't SUPPOSED
to be acting since it was filmed as if they were real guys telling real
stories, but those two just didn't act natural enough.  It all seemed fake to
me too.

The older man in town that tells about the guy up in the woods (sorry it's been
too long to be more specific) was my favorite interview on the web, but it was
drastically shortened for the movie.  I would have cut the fishermen and played
more of that interview.  Speaking of this, I was really suprised to see that
the movie used the same interviews that I'd already seen on the web.  That was
strange.

Ben Roller