 Off-Topic / Debate / 3935
3934  |  3936
Subject:
Spoiler... (was Re: Blair Witch Project - Thoughts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Brouwer writes:
What was the slip up?  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and did not notice
anything?

I don't think it's a big deal, but just in case....

SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!
SPOILER!!!!

The thing that blew it for me was the interview with the two fishermen.  A
number of little clues made the scene ring false for me (they were facing
opposite directions, casting into turblent water, fishing right beside each
other, etc).  Not big glaring errors, but I noticed them - and if the footage
was "real" they wouldn't have been there.

Once my suspension of disbelief went away, I couldn't get it back, and the
whole thing became a campy, super-low budget horror flick.

YMMV

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/