 Off-Topic / Debate / 3902
3901  |  3903
Subject:
Fix Or Repair Daily (was: Re: Lego in Chevy Venture)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:00:57 GMT

(trying desperately to pull back on-topic)
A Ford would be built outta Megablocks.
A Chevy would be built out of Tyco.
A Toyota would be built out of LEGO!!!

(I miss my Tyco, but I won't trade my lego for it.)
--Colin

Rob Farver wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:03:32 GMT, "Mark Herzberg" <carorvan@aol.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Robert Farver writes:
I have to disagree here.  We have a Chevy Venture, and an Oldsmobile
Intrigue and I think both are great.  The Venture was the first with
a power sliding door, and that was one of the reasons we got it.

First does not mean best. The new Chrysler mini-vans are the only oned that
offer power sliding doors (on both sides) that can be opened manually or
automaticlly. They also have a power lifting tailgate.

I didn't say it was best, but it was the only power door available
when I bought our first van.  Also, the Venture door (passenger side
only) is automatic, but can also be opened manually.  I would like
the auto on both sides, but just having a door on the drivers side
at all is a great feature.  Our first Venture was totaled by a drunk
driver (while parked in front of our house), and we made sure to get
the driver side door on the replacement.  This current one also has
the power rear windows which is a great feature for what was otherwise
unused before.

The power tailgate sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Rob

PS I've set follow ups to offtopic.debate since we've strayed from the
LEGO aspect of the Venture.

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |

|                   |  Brick Engineer   |         |
| Colin R Gutierrez | __   __   __   __ |  2000   |
     http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Saturn/5559
(Spam blocker in place.  Remove "nospam." to reply)