 General / 13972
Re: Lego in Chevy Venture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert Farver writes:
I have to disagree here.  We have a Chevy Venture, and an Oldsmobile
Intrigue and I think both are great.  The Venture was the first with
a power sliding door, and that was one of the reasons we got it.

First does not mean best. The new Chrysler mini-vans are the only oned that
offer power sliding doors (on both sides) that can be opened manually or
automaticlly. They also have a power lifting tailgate.

It
also can hold 4x8 sheets of material flat on the floor and still close
the back door.

Chrysler was the first with this.

All 5 seats in the back are individual and can be folded
down, forward, or taken out altogether.

This is what I liek about the Venture, and it is thanks to Opel in Germany. It
is European style seats and is used on all mini-vans sold in Europe (except
the Austrian Chrysler Voyager and the American Ford Windstar). Very flexible.
The Volkswagen EuroVan and Pontiac Montana are the only other mini-vans sold
in the US with this feature. The new Chrysler's also feature a similar system.
The only American car I have ever owned was a Jeep. I'm not saying GM quality
is bad, but they don't know how to style cars (sure, thier cars are not ugly,
they just don't have style, like Chrysler, European and Korean imports and
more recent Fords). And even when they try style (i.e. the new Aztek) it just
does not work. They also need take some lessons over at DaimlerChrysler on how
to market vehicles. GM has too many competing vehicles spread over too many
car lines (i.e the Saturn LS, Olds Intrigue, Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet
Impala, Olds Alero, Pontiac Grand Am, Buick Century, Buick Regal, Chevy Malibu
all compete in the $16,000-$25,000 range), while Chrysler has few.