 Off-Topic / Debate / 3452
  Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

(...) That's fine, but I am going to try to show that life-affirming REQUIRES property rights because of the nature of man. That is, to not recognise them is to be anti life affirming, or in other words if you want to be human, you have to recognise (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

(...) <nitpick> reason is ONE of the tools we have </nitpick> I may take a stab at this too, but like you I have no idea when. The coming weeks are going to be busy, with war coming up. James (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

(...) Can you at least quick state your answers to the first two questions I asked, so the problem is clear? (If you don't want to argue from a natural rights basis, I need to ask some different questions.) (...) I will be there. But, I'd rather (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

(...) I think I've addressed these to some degree in my other message. If there's more you'd like me to say, let me know. (...) Both property rights and morality are only meaningful in a social setting. A human being alone in the universe has need (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

(...) I'm not sure at what level of detail you want these answered, but I'll take a stab at it. (What does it mean to manipulate matter?) It means, at the most basic of levels, that I am exercising my will on my surroundings. (What does it mean to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)