 Off-Topic / Debate / 285
Re: Christian == Catholic? (Was Geez...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 07:13:50 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <367EE16C.C3BE1B7E@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com>...

...<snip>...

Another one, surprisingly, is Islam. Many Mohammedans call themselves
Christian++ !

It is partially true. Islam accepts both Jesus (Isa) and Moses (Musa) as
prophets, but believes that the Islam is much more completed, and fills the
gaps that Christianity and Jewism (?) have. It also believes that
Chiristianity and Jewism are not "original" today , I mean they are not
preserved as they were first introduced.
Besides, it claims that Islam was for the "universe" from the beginning,
although the others were only sent  to a certain tribe. In brief,
Mohoammedans claims that they have a superior religion, not they are
superior christians

Just as an explanation. (By the way, those are from middle eastern style,
and I know US Mohammedans has their own unique style, somehow different)

Selçuk