 Off-Topic / Debate / 290
Re: Christian == Catholic? (Was Geez...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:27:07 GMT

Selçuk Göre writes:
It is partially true. Islam accepts both Jesus (Isa) and Moses (Musa) as
prophets, but believes that the Islam is much more completed, and fills the
gaps that Christianity and Jewism (?) have. It also believes that
Chiristianity and Jewism are not "original" today , I mean they are not
preserved as they were first introduced.
Besides, it claims that Islam was for the "universe" from the beginning,
although the others were only sent  to a certain tribe. In brief,
Mohoammedans claims that they have a superior religion, not they are
superior christians

Selçuk

On a historical note, Christianity and (I believe) Islam are offshoots of
Judaism, which itself is an offshoot of the Polytheistic Babylonian Religion.

Jeff