 Off-Topic / Debate / 28056
  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Selçuk Göre wrote: <snip> (...) I vote Chris But I always vote for Chris... Anyway, if I don't like a website, you know what I do? I never visit it. And if I never visit it, then I don't care what happens there. It's like (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) But what about the cliques you want to belong to but aren't allowed to? Tim (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) Tim, Do you mean this in a general sense or are you specifically referring to JLUG? A person has to consider why they want to join a clique. If it is to change the group and its dynamic, then they may be in for trouble. And yes, I agree there (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) I was meaning generally. I am a member of the JLUG clique (I think) Tim (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) Agreed. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have any way of knowing whether I liked the site unless I had visited there. But I certainly plan to buy less of their product in the future. (...) I agree. And I certainly plan to buy less of their product in (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) In retrospect its not a clique, because that implies exclusion, whereas you only have to show an interest in Lego to join AFAIK Tim (18 years ago, 25-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) For someone who dislikes JLUG so much, you certainly seem to be quite aware of our CTOPs. Why would you bother going through all the trouble of looking them up if you didn't like JLUG from the outset? And why do you use them so often if the (...) (18 years ago, 25-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) The use of CTOPs on JLUG is so prevalent that I found it impossible to evaluate the content without knowing what they meant. But the JLUG FAQ has a link to Richie Dulin's (URL) secret decoder ring> (which is hosted here on LUGNET, BTW) so it (...) (18 years ago, 25-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Keen Observers of Community...

(...) CTOPs are there for the benefit of the whole Community, not just Jlug, so it's good to see them getting wider use. All up, I'd say this thread has been pretty good for Jlug, CTOPs and for the Community as a whole [1]. Cheers, Allister [1] (...) (18 years ago, 25-Nov-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)