 Off-Topic / Debate / 27932 (-20)
  Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

(...) I don't trust Diebold, that's true, but I wouldn't trust any company in the same situation, even an avowed Liberal company. Diebold is on record promising to deliver Ohio's votes to the President in 2004, and lo and behold... In addition, I (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

(...) Yeah, there's gotta be a way. Or, maybe the code is owned by the government and Diebold merely provides the hardware? I'm no expert in this area, but it seems to me that electronic voting shouldn't be such a huge issue. JOHN (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

(...) Well, I am not beholden to Diebold for anything. It seems to me that the bottom line is that you don't trust them, not the equipment they produce. Companies will always have some bias, either left or right; that is a given. What doesn't follow (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

(...) Of course you're not guaranteed, but you could do some 50/50 chance stuff. Imagine if one candidate is ahead in the polls with 75% of the vote (Sven), compared to another candidate with 25% (Twiggy). It could be argued that Twiggy has no (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

(...) That only assumes that the machine can't rig it during the individual vote. Once the votes are cast and the moderator goes to the machine, how do we verify that Candidate A really got 7,500 votes and Candidate B really got 2,500? (...) Oh, I (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

(...) Why not, Dave!? There can't be cheating if the machines could be rigged so that it doesn't know which candidates are under which button (if that is your concern). It would be like a double-blind study. Surely you aren't implying that the (...) (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Two questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans out there

Do you trust Diebold's touchscreen-based voting machines to record an accurate tally of votes? Why? Dave! (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Pope gives Islam the bird?

(...) Yeah that was pretty stupid thing for the Pope to imply. It's not like the "west" hasn't pissed off the fundamentalist sects of all religions enough. So, lets pour some gas on the fire! It really is a bizarre world we live in lately : ( (18 years ago, 17-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The Pope gives Islam the bird?

Check the story (URL) Discuss here in off-topic debate. It has been a while since a good hearted conversation has been going on in this sub forum, and, after my Saurian fighter (seemingly) received the snub in .Space, I am feeling slightly (...) (18 years ago, 16-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: 5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01

(...) Oh my goodness. Selçuk I am so sorry to hear about your experience. My heart goes out to you and your country man. I remember this event. I grew up in California, earthquakes were somewhat common, though it is nothing compared to what you went (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)

(...) "Kids, they are going to call you America's most valuable natural resource. Have you seen what they do to valuable natural resources? The're going to strip mine your souls..." a nice quote from (Bruce) U. Utah Phillips Frankly, though...it (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eric's and Jeff's chip was (Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar)

(...) It's all about choice, apparently: (URL) ROSCO (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eric's and Jeff's chip was (Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar)

(...) It's all a matter of choice apparently: (URL) ROSCO (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eric's and Jeff's chip was (Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar)

(...) Sophie explained! Get your copy now! (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eric's and Jeff's chip was (Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar)

(...) What's the matter? Truth hurt? (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Abusive

I apologize for replying to my own post, but I figured I'd share some step by step instructions on how to filter out Mr. Sophie, if you're using Mozilla Thunderbird to read Lugnet like I am : Click on 'Tools' from the top text menu bar. Select (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Abusive

So how exactly do we filter out Mr.Sophie? Is there a check box or something for that in our preferences? If there isn't, there really should be : ( Baring that, we should all simply setup our newsreaders to filter him. Then put an banner on the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Abusive

(...) Myself and many others have asked you on numerous occasions to shape up. Obviously we can't all get what we want. Jeff (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Abusive

(...) Considering that everything I said is true my post is certainly not defamatory. And I certainly can't see anything obscene, vulgar, profane, or indecent in it either. It is arguably abusive (although equally arguably not due to the truth (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eric's and Jeff's chip was (Re: Ease up on marking folders Avatar)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote: -snip- (...) Terms of Use: "(do not) Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact