 Off-Topic / Debate / 27732 (-20)
  Re: The God Game!

(...) Hmmm. Their is one notable flaws of logic in this test. They compare the burden of proof for the Loch Ness monster with that for the existence of God which, given that the LNM exists or does not within our sphere of discovery and God may not (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The God Game!

(...) Somewhat fun, but I agree that some questions were flawed. The used certain words like "rational" or "justified" to put you in forced choice dilemas. About halfway through I stopped trying to give my own beliefs and started trying to just make (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The God Game!

This one's for you, Dave! (URL) it counted me as being contradictory several times, though I'll maintain that either I wasn't contradictory or (in at least one case) the questions are rather flawed. But cute, nonetheless. DaveE (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Neat-o!

(...) Take it easy on yourself, Dave! At least here you didn't use "scourged", or worse yet, that you flatulented yourself. JOHN (18 years ago, 18-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Neat-o!

(...) Yeah, afterwards I scolded myself for writing that, but the damage was already posted! (...) Ironically, their failed lawsuit would likewise have been more convincing if they'd admitted that HBHG was fiction, too. Instead, they continue to (...) (18 years ago, 17-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Neat-o!

(...) That was a very bad Freudian slip the day after Easter;-) (...) Ah, yes. And as we speak Baigent is trying to wrest millions from Brown in court WRT these 2 works. Having not read HBHG, I have to say that I found TJP wandering and rather (...) (18 years ago, 17-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Neat-o!

(...) While you were gone it was like the sun didn't rise. Does that sound sincere? Wait, I'll try again... I read Holy Blood, Holy Grail by Baigent et al about 10 years ago, before The Da Vinci Code was even a gleam in Dan Brown's eye. I'll take a (...) (18 years ago, 17-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Neat-o!

(...) I was thinking: It's as if Andrew Lloyd Webber scripted Jesus Christ Superstar (a favorite of mine) from it. Ever since I heard JCS back in the 70's, I've thought that a Gospel account featuring Judas as a main character was pretty radical. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

Hi Jeff, --SNIP-- (...) Thanks. You've summed up almost exactly what I meant much better than I did.... with one slight exception: the above statement is not strictly true. While it was a secondary intent it was certainly not my primary intent to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) It seemed to me he was trying to show a percieved double standard. While I do disagree with the use of the term "flaming" here in this thread (I consider flaming to be a post in order to denigrate another individual openly and and for no (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Awww (was: IRON MECHA...)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote: ***snip (...) ***snip (...) ***snip (...) ***snip (...) Not to make sport of all this, Lindsay, but I can't help noticing a vaguely eccliesiastical flair to this post. Are you undergoing a (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Neat-o!

I don't exactly cling to the literal interpretation of scripture, but (URL) is still fascinating to me! Dave! (It's in OT.Debate because lots of religious discussions wind up here anyway...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Awww (was: IRON MECHA...)

(...) Soren, one is a meaningful number where that is concerned. But the bad-taste quotient in general was really my particular lament--not having children or being an actual small child, I'll leave that outrage to those who may. (...) I think (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  I too do wonder!

I wonder how speach could get so angry? how topics could get so disgusting? who will be the next to get teated that way? whether every LUGNet member can be object to such treatment without cause? whether this is the penalty for violating the ToS (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

(...) Tim, As discussed, I actually agree with you and ask someone with the authority to please delete (URL). I have sent emails to who I thought are the admins to deal with this (Todd, Suz and admin@lugnet.com) and have not received a response, (...) (18 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Awww (was: IRON MECHA...)

(...) I'll admit that I haven't read the entire thread, so I haven't seen those threats. When I get a chance, I'll find them and respond appropriately. Paul Sinasohn speaking for myself (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I wonder ....

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Jude, Please refrain from posting messaged that are in clear violation of the ToU of Lugnet. In light of recent events this is really inappropriate. Tim (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE

(...) Well it's more than mental now. (...) Please explain. I'm truly interested. (...) Who? Ought to know better than to do what? (...) Which ones in particular, and why? (...) Indeed. (...) I've given up trying to prove things to you Larry. (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE

(...) Maybe you esteem them, but I don't. Anyway, I didn't see them in this thread, which is the thread I was talking about, but if they turn up and act like Allister or Soren or you, I'll be sure to add them to my mental list. Here's the thing, (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !!

  Re: Awww (was: IRON MECHA...)

(...) If children young enough to be harmed by that image actually read lugnet in meaningful numbers I will eat a hat. With your choice of garnishes. (...) Well, I haven't got a sister, I'm not married, the girlfriend list would be mostly on the (...) (18 years ago, 31-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact