 Off-Topic / Debate / 27732
Re: The God Game!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:07:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote:
This one's for you, Dave!
http://www.philosophyquotes.net/cgi-bin/god_game1.cgi

'Course, it counted me as being contradictory several times, though I'll
maintain that either I wasn't contradictory or (in at least one case) the
questions are rather flawed. But cute, nonetheless.

DaveE

Hmmm. Their is one notable flaws of logic in this test. They compare the burden
of proof for the Loch Ness monster with that for the existence of God which,
given that the LNM exists or does not within our sphere of discovery and God may
not is quite patently absurd. It's like arguing that the existence or
non-existence of fairies in my garden is comparable to that of supermassive
black holes. I'm a devout atheist but this sort of thing peeves me. If you wish
to 'prove' consistencies or inconsistencies in an argument at least compare
chalk and ink not chalk and cheese.

Tim