 Off-Topic / Debate / 27737
Re: The God Game!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:26:15 GMT

   I agree-- I had the same thoughts when I took the Loch Ness “hit”.

Yeah. It’s a massively flawed argument IMO.

   BTW, when you say you are a “devout atheist”, what exactly does that mean? Are you asserting that there definitely ISN’T a God somehow?

I’m making the point that atheism is as much of a leap of (not)faith as religion is a leap of faith. Thus although I know that agnosticism is logical (as there is nor proof for or against) I cannot believe in the possibility of a God which makes me devout.

   Just wondering,

No problem.

Tim