 Off-Topic / Debate / 2773
Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:02:47 GMT

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
Add to that the frequency with which those catalogues are displayed by
stores- stores that we KNOW Lego representatives visit, like Toys R Us- • and I
find it a little difficult to beleive that TLC is going to be bothered • too
much by the information hitting the internet.

This has been said a couple of times (that these are frequently displayed • in
stores), but in the various threads here, I've only seen 1 person state • that 1
store has done this.

Call me two then. My only vendors catalog, a 1987 one, was from a retailer
shelf. Actually, I went into my darkages around 1984, but I continue to
collect catalogs till 1987, from a nearby toystore. It was on the shelf, and
even I didn't know it was a vendor's catalog till I found an internet site
with front cover scans of many lego catalogs and full scans of a vendors'
catalog (this site is still there I think at least for 3 years).

Selçuk

I also have never personally seen one of these catalogues - and believe • me, if
it was on the shelf at any Lego carrying store in my area, I'd see it - so • I'm
genuinely curious:

  Where does the idea that these show up frequently come from?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/