 Off-Topic / Debate / 27622 (-10)
  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) And, naturally, that may be the hardest agreement to reach! (...) A fair question. If a fetus is removed from its mother at 20 weeks and spends another 20 weeks in an artificial uterus until birth, then that's just substituting one womb for (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, atheists

(...) Remember that Tootsie Pop® commercial where the "scientist" is doing the experiment to finally find out how many licks does it take to reach the center of the Tootsie Pop sucker? "One, two, thareee, <crunch>...." "Three." As for our story and (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Well, if you accept the premise that the baby in utero (thanks for the clarification above) is a person, then certainly the State has the obligation to protect that person's rights (namely, to live). So, by comparison, if a mother tires of her (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Population control -- was Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) See, I'm kinda with Dave! on this one--if it's a black and white issue--i.e. the second the sperm touches the egg it's LIFE! then there would be no issue. But people haven't been able to come to a consensus for, well, ever yet as to when life (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Heads up, atheists

(...) Then again, maybe it (URL) was thrown out.> Personally, I thought that the whole undertaking was a waste of time. Good riddance to some pointless litigation. Dave! (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) The question becomes "why must the rights of the embryo or fetus supersede the rights of the woman?" I've never heard a compelling answer to that question. (...) It has been helpful for me, in discussions like this, to add the term "viable" to (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Well, it definitely affects the baby, and if that baby is considered a person, then the State has the obligation to protect the rights of that person. (...) Yes. Here are 2 extreme examples that I believe negate any position that is completely (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) I will never put a woman in a position where she'll have to wrestle with the decision to have an abortion. I believe the baby in the womb is a living entity--at what point doesn't really matter to the 'big conversation'--if I 'knock someone (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How Do You Solve A Problem Like

(...) Nothing funny about it, and I wasn't recommending it, I was just tracing a line from the past into the future, answering the question about how you solve this problem. (...) Yes yes, no fools these Iranians. Is there some reason you think that (...) (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) I can feeel the loove! Quick, on to abortion:-) JOHN (19 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact