 Off-Topic / Debate / 27493
Re: Heads up, atheists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 06:34:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
   Finally we shall soon learn the Truth

<<chuckle>>

I have been away for a while. So I kinda walked into this one on the strength of the subject. Silly me.

Sorry to disappoint. The subject line was a kind of joke-- it was recycled for comedic effect. It was just my friendly way of tweaking some non-believing friends around here. As a Christian, I, of course, am vulnerable to the same type of goosing:-) (He’s an idiot)

   Can’t imagine why atheists would care whether there was some bloke called Jesus padding about 2,000 years ago.

I must agree.

   Must remember to consider the posts I open more carefully even here.

And if this really was of interest to atheists, one might have thought it might have been interesting to the world’s considerable majority of non-christians. Happily, its probably only of interest to doubting christians and/or those with an interest in the absurd.

Perhaps ‘Heads up, doubting Christians and Absurdists’ might have been a better subject?

The whole thing is absurd; perhaps my sarcasm didn’t translate across the high seas very well...

JOHN