 Off-Topic / Debate / 27490
Re: Heads up, atheists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:55:02 GMT

   Finally we shall soon learn the Truth

I’m surprised that this is going to court, honestly.

Agreed. Kinda like the Scopes trial in reverse;-)

   How can you prove that someone didn’t exist ~2000 years ago? The best you can do, IMO, is show that the evidence doesn’t support the conclusion that he existed.

He sets up a classic error-- he has so-called proofs that he has written about that Jesus didn’t exist-- he claims it is up to the other side to prove him wrong.

   AFAIC, the Gospels are themselves adequate evidence to conclude that Jesus the man did exist, since it’s hardly an extraordinary claim.

Even moreso the historian Josephus’ mention of Jesus (even without all of the later embellishments).

   Of course, even if he is shown to have existed, that doesn’t do anything to prove his parentage...

lol Reminds me of the book, The DaVinci Code. Have you read any of Brown’s pulp fiction?

JOHN