 Off-Topic / Debate / 27391
Re: Activist Judges (was Re: Woo-hoo! Dover gets it right!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:38:54 GMT

   Well I’ll be darned. This may be one of the few times that the stopped clock of Dubya’s brain got it right

I bet that caused you physical pain to admit that, Dave! :-)

You know, I have no problem with evolution being taught as a theory (not fact) in school, as long as the issue is handled honestly:
  • Evolution is a theory, filled with questions and misunderstandings. It is our best idea about where life came from, but could be proved totally wrong tomorrow.

  • The Big Bang and other theories of the origin of the universe must not be taught, as they are not scientific, being beyond the purview of science.
I actually love scientists who are brutally honest. It’s pretty humbling to acknowledge that for all we know in this modern day and age, we still have no idea about what constitutes 90% of the matter in our universe.

JOHN