 Off-Topic / Debate / 27390
27389  |  27391
Subject:
Activist Judges (was Re: Woo-hoo! Dover gets it right!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:22:19 GMT

   I’m pleased to see that some spark of hope persists in Pennsylvania.

Regardless of its apologists, Creationism is not science and must never be included in a science curriculum, except perhaps as an example of politically well-connected pseudoscience.

Creationism was debunked as an explanatory model of the universe centuries ago, and the god-of-the-gaps argument from which it sprang has been thoroughly refuted for centuries longer than that.

Mind you, this isn’t about “who caused the Big Bang” or “maybe evolution and religion are both correct.” This is about a far-right fringe religious sect attempting to force its dogma into public schools.

If Creationism is the valid science that they pretend it to be, then let them submit their studies for peer review.

Shame on Kansas, by the way.

Here’s the latest.

Just who appointed this shameless activist Judge John Jones (not to be confused with the Martian Manhunter) who sees fit to subvert the will of the people and to legislate from the bench?

Why, none other than our esteemed President George W. Bush.

Well I’ll be darned. This may be one of the few times that the stopped clock of Dubya’s brain got it right--Jones has ruled correctly that Creationism, under any pseudonym, has no place in a science classroom. He also correctly criticized proponents of Creationism for engaging in deception to get their religious myth taught in public schools.

Bravo, Judge Jones!

Dave!