 Off-Topic / Debate / 27247 (-10)
  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Dear Jake, I am not trying to attack a faceless monster here, I am responding to Lenny's claims that you guys were personally being in some way harrassed/ attacked/ asserted against in my original post. I believe that you love your job enough (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Well, I wasn’t upset because you said that, I was upset because the ambassadors didn’t do the same. (...) You certainly didn’t offend me by the statement. I thought it was great that applications spanned the globe. And disappointed that it (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) I know it might be nearly impossible to believe, but I'll say it anyway - the group responsible for this program is much much smaller than you might believe. I know that when you talk about a company, any company, it's extremely easy to turn (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego, FTX) !

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) Personally, I don't see the problem. I see a (hopefully temporary) product shortage due to an unplanned for natural catastrophe. Google for "katrina colonial pipeline". There was a BusinessWeek article that came out in the past two days that (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Jake said "The application pool spanned the globe". Maybe "spanned the globe" is now a turn of phrase meaning "spanned europe and north america"? Maybe Jake could share some evidence otherwise? Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) I'm not accusing them, I am accusing their employers. Don't accuse me of characterising people when I have said absolutely nothing about anyone. It seems to me you are just using this thread as an excuse to namedrop. The Ambassadors program is (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) How many of those 30-40 Million people applied to be LEGO Ambassadors? Knowing the people who've made this selection, having met them in person (Jake, Steve, Jan), I seriously disagree with your characterization of them ignoring such a wide (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service

(...) I believe that I tried to point out the relativism of my usage of the word 'severe.' My sister is a Muslim, and my understanding above is directly related to my experience of how she expresses her faith in Islam. We often talk about the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) Whereas I fundamentally agree with your words, the 'election platform' of the current president was that, if need be, he'd go 'toe to toe' with OPEC to keep gas prices low. As well, many republicans whined bitterly and blamed Bubba when he was (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) regular is $3-3.50 a gallon in the chicago area. it really depends on the distance from downtown chicago but i've seen it as high as 3.69 for regular. thankfully i have a good bicycle. i've been using it alot. the only thing i can say is if (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact