 Off-Topic / Debate / 27237
Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:50:11 GMT

Sorry... had to jump in.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   Islamic views on “idols” are quite a bit more .. umm.. severe? than Christian views. Basically, Islam wants to avoid any appearance of idol worship what-so-ever, so images of people are usually avoided. Photographs of friends and family are permitted, but they aren’t hung on the walls or in other places that honor the photo (ie, you can keep them in a photo book, or next to computer). Images of the Prophet, the Prophet’s family, or other fathers of Islam are very rare. Islamic children’s book generally have people, but their faces are kept blank.

Just let me point out here that ‘severeity’ is something relative. I don’t see any problem with the ‘severeity’ that you refer to. It’s their religion, and it’s up to them how they should practice it, or not practice it. Who are we to call another’s religion severe anyway?

Legoswami