 Off-Topic / Debate / 27056
27055  |  27057
Subject:
Here's a scary one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:10:55 GMT

In this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/16/hamilton.child.support/index.html

it is proposed that the government keep and publish a list of all
accusations of child molestation. While the intent to make it easier to
discover molesters is good, it has serious consequences for someone wrongly
accused. Already, it is kind of scary (as someone who volunteers with youth)
how easily one's life can be destroyed by a kid deciding to "get even" with
someone by making an accusation. To make these false accusations easily
searchable would probably make it impossible to recover from such an
accusation.

Frank