 Off-Topic / Debate / 26159
Re: It didn't have to be this way....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
Does anyone have any happier historical memories of countries invaded to
remove despots and set on a shining path without Iraq's grief, something
more along the lines of how Lar thought it could have been?

The closest I can think of is West Germany, but that might not count due to how
short of a time they were under the rule of a despot, and the fact that they
were the invading nation, not the invaded.