 Off-Topic / Debate / 26141
Re: Lap-dogs (was: It didn't have to be this way....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:03:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
Dunno.  Maybe I'm being unnecessarily morose.  Bush's Australian Deputy Sheriff
Howard got re-elected for four more years over the weekend, so I may simply be
depressed.

LOL it doesn't really depress me, but it does surprise me. I mean, everyone I've
spoken to since the election has said "so who the heck voted Liberal??". But I
guess that's probably just a case of me associating with people that share
similar views. And I'm in a safe Labor electorate anyway (whatever THAT is).

But just to be my usual pedantic self, out federal term is 3 years maximum, and
highly adjustable. Many over the years have called for fixed 4 year terms
(including Latham), but for some reason it has never come to pass. I can't see
it changing in the next 3 years either...

It will be interesting to see what happens with the FTA too now that Liberals
are looking like possibly getting a majority in the senate.

ROSCO