 Off-Topic / Debate / 26045
  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Yes, until they try to dictate the behavior of others based on their own sense of morality. You can be a homophobe all you want, but the line is crossed when you try to restrict them from having the same freedom to participate that heteros (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Agreed, sir, but my point is simply that these people feel this way, whether they are being oppressed or not, and that is what they are reacting to. (...) Again, I agree, but in every case in life (not just this), a judgement call has to be (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) "Macro-Evolution" is a term used by pseudo-scientists. Inasmuch as evolution is merely change within a species over a very long time to the point that that species can no longer produce viable offspring with a former member of the same species (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) The line should always be drawn based on who is attempting to oppress another, not on whose view is "correct". That's the difference between preventing oppression and allowing the majority to oppress the minority. (...) Knowing that you're (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) A word in defense of this statement; Andrew offers this as an example of me asserting that I have access to infallible truth. At face value, I can see how my statement can be interpreted that way, though it is not an interpretation with which (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)