 Off-Topic / Debate / 25816
  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I am in agreement with you as well. It doesn't matter as long as you love building with good old Lego! James, I can tell you why this is an issue with homosexuals. They want to tell other people they are gay because unless they are blatant (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Allow me to politely disagree with this view. I don't think they are seeking any sort of approval - they seem to just wish to avoid disapproval, which is not the same thing. Basically, they just want to post with people who are comfortable (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Bruce wrote: 'They want a place to post with people who are comfortable with what they are.' Bruce, if this is the main reason they want the group, it has nothing to do with Lego - Lego is incidental at best. The primary reason is for them to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Lee: LUGNET newsgroup theory is all about identifying subsets of interest within the community and creating focused discussion groups for those subsets, both LEGO-related and non-LEGO-related; it's about creating and nurturing individual areas (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Since I am (I believe) the one who started using the homophobic term in this thread, let me add that I am happily married, striaght, catholic male. Not that any of that matters, really, but you seem to be saying that the homosexuals here are (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) See Todd Lehman's response as to what Lugnet is. I had reserved my own opinion on the whole subject with the note that Lehman is the arbitrator of what Lugnet is, and knows his own philosophy on it better than I do. (...) And this is merely (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Alfred: Name-calling like this just isn't helpful. In theory, the word naturally has one clear definition. In reality, everyone has a different definition of what the word means. --Todd (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)