 Off-Topic / Debate / 25787
  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I take that comment I made about "no homophobic remarks" earlier in the thread back. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Are you going to deny that the average heterosexual finds the thought of gay sex repulsive? I've heard the same sentiment from (non-bi) gay men about hetero-sex! And this has nothing to do with a pathologically diagnosed phobia, so give the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) The thought of it? No, not really. The thought of participating in it? Yes. Actually watching it? I'd have to say yes, though I can't draw on personal experience here. (...) Language, like life, evolves. Deal with it. Nice used to not be such (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I heartily dislike accusations like homophobe or racist at the mere hint of disagreement - it is a dishonest form of argument by attack and intimidation. I don't use the words cheaply, in part so that when I do say it carries more weight. You (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm kinda with Bruce o nthis one--I mean there are those who eat oysters. Personally, I find for my dietary pleasures oysters ranking pretty much down there with mud--For myself, me eating oysters is repulsive. I have, on the other hand, been (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I apologize for being unclear (I have since clarified my statement twice elsewhere). I meant specific sexual activity. (...) Fair enough. And on that point I think we agree. JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Bruce, it is clear from your posts you don't understand what true homophobia is. It is irrational fear/hatred of homosexuals. You do corectly point out that it is not mere disagreements concerning homosexual behavior. But a heterosexual being (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) No, they think it's performance art. Voyeurs think it's a spectator sport. (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)