 Off-Topic / Debate / 24683
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:41:13 GMT

The Macho Libertarian Flash(tm) answer is that there is NO justification, short
of actually being invaded by another sovereignty and needing to repel the
attack, that justifies attack on another sovereign country.

I'm curious--under the Flash(tm) philosophy, what happens if one sovereign
nation invades and subjugates a second nation, thereby imposing the sovereignty
of the invader over the invaded?  What kind of action can be taken in response,
since the invader could simply assert that the invaded nation is now part of it.
In other words, who gets to decide which country's sovereignty is valid, and
what's to prevent one nation from annexing another, if that second nation can't
repel the annexation?  In what forum can the invaded nation plead its case?

Dave!