 Off-Topic / Debate / 23885
Re: Wining Hearts & Minds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 08:07:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/966AE903-390F-4B56-B786-CCED9BFD22BB.htm

Strangly enough, according to this blog:

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/

The particular incident may in fact do just that: Win some hearts and minds if it’s handled correctly.

If it’s “handled correctly” a lot of people will end up in the slammer:

I tend to agree with you there, however I suspect your heart and mind are set in their ways, regardless of how this particular event works out. Fortunately, according to the blog, some people (whom this actually concerns) are able to see the big picture, rather than focusing on every little failure as if it’s the end of the world.

I’m curious, would you be happier if the free press were silenced?

What makes you think I’d want that?

I’m lucky enough to live in a country which has a good range of independent national media which reports on domestic and international issues without feeling the need to wave my flag in my face. I know the USA is not the same. I know Iraq is not being allowed the same.

   Is the world a better place when this sort of thing happens, but we don’t have to hear about it?

Don’t be a fool. The UK media would have a field day if Blair behaved the way Bush is.

I think you need to spend a bit more time with your toys. After all, that’s what we’re really here for. Tell me, what do you think of the new colors?

I tend not to buy new sets as I feel Lego is overpriced and the boxes contain far too much Danish air (and packaging). I do have some of the newer SW sets which I quite like; I’m rather bemused by the new colours.

BTW: Lego is not my main hobby... especially no that summer is here!

Scott A