 Off-Topic / Debate / 23883
Re: Wining Hearts & Minds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 09:17:33 GMT

I'm curious, would you be happier if the free press were silenced?  Is
the world a better place when this sort of thing happens, but we don't
have to hear about it?

I'm not sure that Scott is calling for restricted press.  I have little
doubt that he'd prefer to have all these crimes subjected to the light
of public scrutiny.

But was he happier a few years ago when the press was disinterested, or
not allowed and the torture and killings weren't all over the news?  It
would seem so.

This is offensive. I demand you either substantiate or retract that statement!

I joined AI in 1987 and opposed SH when Washington/London still supported him. I
opposed Apartheid when Washington/London supported it.I’ve even castigated
Washington (on this group) for exporting torture equipment to human rights
abusers. How about you?

Scott A