 Off-Topic / Debate / 23884
Re: Wining Hearts & Minds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 12:56:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
But was he happier a few years ago when the press was disinterested, or
not allowed and the torture and killings weren't all over the news?  It
would seem so.

This is offensive. I demand you either substantiate or retract that statement!

I can't retract it.  It's just a question and an opinion.  I'm just saying
you *seem* much more unhappy now than you used to be.  Do a search on
in .debate on Scott Arthur.  Then click on "prefer older" and compare the
results.  It would seem to me that you used to spend more time talking about
the toys, even in .debate.

I joined AI in 1987 and opposed SH when Washington/London still supported
him. I opposed Apartheid when Washington/London supported it.  I’ve even
castigated Washington (on this group) for exporting torture equipment to
human rights abusers.

A worthy cause, but don't let it consume you.  Remember this is a toy
forum.  Have you compared the age of your inner child to what you listed
when you started here?  Give in to the toys.  You'll feel better for a
bit.

How about you?

I'm a newbie here in .debate and politics in general, and I'm sure it shows.